Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 2018 Purchases (No Such Thing As Too Many Puzzles)

Let's face it, I buy way too many puzzles, so many in fact, that I doubt that I'll ever get to all of them. (We are probably all at least a bit guilty of that, I suspect.) I already have something over 80 puzzles now that are waiting for me to get to them...but I keep buying them.  After all, who can resist a bargain puzzle - or even just stumbling upon that "perfect" puzzle at full price?  Not me.

But for some reason (good or bad, I'm not sure), this is the only puzzle I've bought so far this month:


Spiritual Gathering, SunsOut, 1000 pieces, 27 x 20 inches

Native American portraits have always intrigued me, and this is a nice representation of some of the greatest chiefs of the nineteenth century, so this was a natural for me.  And the topper was that I picked it up at a Tuesday Morning store for only six dollars.  Honestly, I'm not sure when I will finally get around to solving this one, but I like knowing that it's there waiting for me.  This is the only one I've seen, so it's probably not a real popular puzzle that was printed in great quantity.

While I'm at it, I'm going to take time for a little rant about Tuesday Morning.  The company has two locations equidistance from my house, and until this week, both locations used a similar shelf-presentation for their puzzles (kind of messy and easy to browse). Well, today I went to the location I haven't found much at lately and found a big change.  The puzzles are now tightly crammed into shelving that barely leaves finger room to move them around to see what's at the end of the lines.  And the shelves are lower down then before, forcing a browser to bend over for minutes at a time while they try to figure out a way to see what's so tightly packed in there.  Very frustrating...and one of the dumbest "improvements" to a store I've ever seen.  Shame on you, Mr. Store Manager, shame on you.


2 comments:

  1. I reviewed a puzzle called Five Cent Piece from Sunsout last year that I really enjoyed. The artist, David Behrens, has several gorgeous Native American puzzles made by Sunsout. While I'm not a fan of the super tight fit that some Sunsout puzzles have, I do find that they have some beautiful artwork you don't see anywhere else including quite a few Native American puzzles. Hope you enjoy assembling this one when you get around to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be buying more and more SunsOut puzzles, and I think it's because their images are not the run of the mill, same old thing, that most companies produce so much of. I do like the tighter fit because of the way I preserve puzzles for framing (tape, not glue), so that's another plus for them. I like the Native American pictures, but they can be pretty tough sometimes.

    ReplyDelete