Saturday, April 28, 2018

Puzzles I Don't Have Yet: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

"Sgt. Peppers Lone Hearts Club Band," Aquarius, 1000 pieces, 20 x 27 inches

This is another of those puzzles that I let get away when it was still readily available at retail prices...and now that I wish I had it, I'm seeing it priced on the secondary market at prices approaching $70. So needless to say, it will probably be sitting on my "Puzzles I Don't Have Yet" list for a long time.

Aquarius makes a high quality puzzle, and the image looks like it would be a lot of fun to put together, but the real reason I want this one is because just looking at that old album cover brings back some really great memories. I became a fan of the Beatles even before they first hit the shores of the US in 1964, and I have vivid memories of sitting in front of the TV set several times to watch them on the Ed Sullivan Show (in black and white). And then, after seeing them live in Houston in 1965, I was hooked forever. That particular "concert" is the most exciting one I've ever attended and is unlikely ever to be topped. I put "concert" in quotation marks because it was so noisy in the old Sam Houston Coliseum that it was often hard to hear clearly what was happening on stage. Luckily, I found a soundboard recording of that very concert about ten years ago, so I know now just how great that performance really was.

There are several Beatles puzzles kicking around the puzzle market but this one is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment