Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Another Goodwill Find: BePuzzled's Buried Blueprints - Noah's Ark (1995)

"Noah's Ark," BePuzzled (Buried Blueprints), 1000 pieces, 23 x 29 inches

I found this one at what I call my Goodwill Store No. 3 today (because it's the most out of the way of my normal daily driving route), but I almost left it behind for what it says on the back of the pictured container. Take a look at these quotes for a taste of what I mean:
"Few puzzles are as challenging. Fewer require as much skill and tenacity. None are more rewarding."
And then there's this: "A puzzle that requires endurance and willpower. You'll desperately keep looking for piece after piece after piece. Another find gets you closer to your goal."
It's not easy to tell from this picture, but the ark is a cutaway version showing where each type of animal was packed into the ark. There are numerous little notes around all the animals explaining why they are where they are and other tidbits about them. One of those notes says: "Although insects and birds are in close proximity to each other, a special truce was in effect. All the birds had promised God: no live food. Since the ark was made of wood, the termites had also made a sacred vow: no wood."

Notes like these are all throughout the puzzle, but I'm not sure yet what the intended tone of the notes is...humor, irony, satire, serious take on Biblical scripture?

Anyway, this 1995 puzzle will be interesting - some day when I feel brave. Has anyone out there worked this one, or anything else from BePuzzled?
 

2 comments:

  1. I've done a Buried Blueprints puzzle, and did not enjoy it at all. The artwork was muddled and made it hard to distinguish the correct pieces to place. The quality was good enough, but the image made it difficult. I hope yours turns out better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about the image even before your message. It all seems so cluttered up that I can't really tell what's going on. I doubt that I would ever want to do two from this series. One will likely be more than enough.

    ReplyDelete