Thursday, June 7, 2018

Goodwill Store Finds: The One That Got Away



Let's  just say that I know exactly how this young man feels because it turns out that I walked into my favorite Goodwill Store this morning just in time to see a woman place another four puzzles into a shopping cart that already had at least 20 puzzles in it. It appears that I narrowly missed out on the largest single cache of jigsaw puzzles that I have ever seen in a thrift shop - and I mean missed out in a literal sense. She got every one of them.

This gal filled up her cart without even looking at the individual puzzles she was grabbing. All she knew was that they were two bucks a pop, and that she was taking each and every one of them  home with her. I spotted several by Ravensburger, Cobble Hills, White Mountain, and Buffalo before I quit staring at her in horror. And then I left the store before I said something I might regret...

(While this little episode is presented here in a tongue -in-cheek manner, I'm crying on the inside.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I feel so sorry for you. How selfish of her. I know 'first come, first served', but I would not feel comfortable buying every puzzle and not leaving some for others to buy and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen her several times but this is the first time I've seen her around the toy section of the store. I'm pretty sure she recognized me, too, because of the little smirk on her face as we made our brief eye-contact. Well, now the game is on...LOL

    ReplyDelete