Friday, July 13, 2018

Bufflalo Puzzles Fireside Companions: Shake the Box


I figured that my puzzle solving speed would drop pretty drastically after being away from the hobby for almost two weeks, and I was right. But I was really starting to worry this evening when I struggled more and more to fit pieces into this Charles Wysocki puzzle from Buffalo Puzzles. But just about the time I started to become more and more sure that the puzzle was either missing about 50 pieces or that I had completely lost the skill needed to complete even a 1000-piece puzzle, I picked up the puzzle box for a better look at the cover...and the box made a noise. Turns out that there were at least 60 pieces still inside the box.

Now in my defense, I did complete almost 400 pieces of this puzzle before leaving on vacation for eleven days, so when I finally got back to puzzling a couple of days ago, I just assumed that I had placed all the remaining puzzle pieces on my work-board before leaving home.  Wrong.  All those pieces I was so certain were missing, were right there in the box, and since I had been staring at the puzzle for so long today, I was able quickly to place the first 30 pieces or so that I pulled from the box.  

What a relief! Even though I probably wasted a good two hours looking for the same pieces over and over this afternoon, I'm just happy to find that I can still work a jigsaw puzzle. Lesson learned: shake the box a time or two to make sure that there are no pieces still inside.  #IFeelLikeAnIdiot

No comments:

Post a Comment