Friday, April 13, 2018

Goodwill Store Puzzle-Finds (Persistence Pays Off)

Shopping for jigsaw puzzles at Goodwill Stores can be hit and miss, but at those prices, it's hard to go wrong. You're not really risking a whole lot of money, after all. For instance, I found these three puzzles at one of the Goodwill Stores near my house this morning - and paid a whopping $5.12, including tax, for them.


The White Mountain and the Ravensburger puzzles were both marked at $1.99 and the Colorluxe one was marked the same but was on sale for 75% off.  So if there are a piece or two missing, it's really no big deal.

The surprising thing to me this morning was to find ANY puzzles in this particular Goodwill location marked at less than $4.99 (a price I consider too high to take a chance on used puzzles) because they have insisted on that price for the last few months even though the puzzles just sat there gathering dust.  It appears that someone there wised up and got their prices in line with the other Goodwill locations I visit from time to time.  I had given up on even visiting this particular location, but it's definitely going back on my list now.


No comments:

Post a Comment