Friday, April 13, 2018

Tweety, Daffy, Bugs, Sylvester & Friends

"That's All Folks," 1000 pieces, Aquarius Puzzles, 20 x 28

My current puzzle is one featuring some of my favorite cartoon characters from way-back-when.  I have always preferred the Looney Tunes cartoons of the day over those of the slicker, sweeter Disney ones, so this one jumped off the shelf and into my hands when I spotted it at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. 

Aquarius consistently produces high-quality puzzles, and this one is no exception. On this particular puzzle, though, the colors are the thing: bright primary colors faithfully reproduced to closely match those on the box. As I've often noticed, however, the Aquarius boxes have a little quirk about them in that the cover photo never seems to be cropped to match exactly the actual image produced by the puzzle pieces.  That can be more than a little confusing sometimes.

Anyway, the basic sorting is all done, and it's time to start assembling the end pieces - and, if things run the way they usually do, I'll be going back into the sorted stacks to find the five or six end pieces I missed on the first pass through.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy. I'm glorying in a free weekend to do my 2000 piece world map. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, I'm just getting into it, just finished the four borders, in fact. One thing about Aquarius puzzles that bugs me a little bit is that so many of their pieces can perfectly fit in more than one place. That was kind of a problem on the frame, and it took a while to finally get everything in the right spot.

    I've been looking at those world map puzzles for a while, in the one-to-two thousand piece range, but haven't had the nerve to buy one yet. They look pretty tough. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete