Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Puzzle Finds: Goodwill Store

Texas A&M Aggies, Dowdle Folk Art, 500 pieces, 16 x 20

Finally. 

Finally, I found some puzzles at the one Goodwill Store (among a total of three that I visit regularly) that I've never seen anything but a few beat-up children's puzzles. And what a find it was for someone like me who has admired Texas A&M University - and everything the school stands for - for the last several decades. I've seen a few of Eric Dowdle's folk art puzzles around before, but this will be my first experience with one of them. If all the pieces are in the box, this one is destined to be framed for use in my study.

In keeping with the Dowdle Folk Art theme, I also found his portrayal of one of the most popular tourist draws in Mexico: Puerto Vallarta.

Puerto Vallarto, Dowdle Folk Art, 500 pieces, 16 x 20
The box on this one is more beat-up than the box holding the A&M puzzle, so it will be interesting to compare the contents of the two boxes for completeness and condition.  The contents of both boxes are packed in plastic bags (and the Aggie puzzle even includes the puzzle poster), so I am hopeful that all the pieces are there.

Finally, I picked up this Ravensburger puzzle for $1.99 even though I'm not terribly drawn to the image. I'm running low on 500-piece change-of-pace puzzles, and any Ravensburger puzzle for a couple of bucks seems like a good idea, so...

Idyllic Life, Ravensburger, 500 pieces, 27 x 20



No comments:

Post a Comment