Monday, April 23, 2018

Puzzles: The Movie

Kelly MacDonald, "Puzzles," 2018 Sony Movie

I think I'm living in Wacko World today.  The last thing I expected to stumble upon when I woke up this morning was a new summer 2018 move about...wait for it...jigsaw puzzles. But that's what happened, and now I'm putting "Puzzles" on my calendar for July 13. I can't imagine that this one is going to get a "wide release," however, so actually finding a theater with the guts to screen it in this comic book, superhero movie world, may be a little tougher than it sounds.

Here's the official PR blurb description of the film: "Agnes, taken for granted as a suburban mother, discovers a passion for solving jigsaw puzzles, which unexpectedly draws her into a new world where her life unfolds in ways she could never have imagined."

Well, THAT, sounds exciting.  

The movie is directed by Marc Turtletaub, and stars Kelly MacDonald, Irrfan Kahn, and David Denman.  Take a look at the official movie trailer, just below, to get a better feel for what the movie is like (definitely sounds better than the blurb I quoted up above).


No comments:

Post a Comment