Sunday, April 22, 2018

Puzz3D Puzzle: The US Capitol

"The US Capitol," Puzzz3D (Milton Bradley), 300 pieces, 12 x 34 inches

I ran by a local Tuesday Morning store this morning before Sunday lunch to see if anything new may have hit their shelves last week. Although there was nothing new there, they still had this 3D puzzle/model of the US Capitol that has been on my mind since I first saw it there last week. I've seen several around town in the last few weeks, in fact, and have been wondering what kind of puzzle-building experience they offer...so only one way to find out.

Puzzles like this one do not seem to be very popular, but I'm hoping that's only because there are so few of them. Too, since they can't be framed or glued and placed out of sight, they are not nearly as appropriate for display (in the long term, at least) as the traditional jigsaw puzzle. 

Reviews indicate that some people love them and race right through them. Reviews also indicate that some people hate them and either cannot figure them out or do not like how "shaky" they are upon completion. Honestly, my big concern is that I was never very good at putting together those old plastic models (airplanes, cars, etc.) when I was a kid, and 3D puzzles seem pretty similar to those old model kits.  

If you have had experience with this type of puzzle, I would love to hear from you. How does solving one of these compare to solving a traditional jigsaw puzzle? What do you do with the finished product?



2 comments:

  1. Not tried one either so will be interested in your experience with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen quite a few posts about these being unstable upon completion and hard to move from one spot to another with causing them to start coming apart. I hope that's not the case because I'd like to leave it completed for a few days. I'm not even sure how it all connects yet, but there are instructions in the box. Not real sure when I'll get to this one, but it should be "different."

    ReplyDelete