Saturday, April 21, 2018

Loony Tunes Puzzle - Seven Days of Fun

"That's All Folks," Aquarius Puzzles, 1000 pieces, 27 x 20 inches

I finished this Looney Tunes puzzle a couple of days ago and enjoyed the whole process from start to finish. The Looney Tunes cartoons were my favorites as a kid because they were so much more fun to me than the sugary sweet Disney cartoons. Mr. Disney was a marketing genius, but in my opinion, the Looney Tunes were generally better - I know they always made me laugh, usually out loud.


I could tell from the start that this was going to be a relatively easy puzzle, and it's easy to see why. This is one of those puzzles that an initial sorting effort will easily divide into just a few primary colors. The only color-blending is in that large pile on the bottom left, the red and black pieces that blend together to frame all of the cartoon characters. Those pieces could be challenging at times, but in the end, they came together fairly quickly too. 

As usual, I started with pulling all of the border pieces and completing the frame before moving on to the rest of the puzzle.

Because the color patterns were pretty obvious, I next pulled the smallest of the piles, the green ones, and began to put together the Frog and Alien characters. When the green was gone, I was left with filling in with all the connecting pieces of other colors.


Next up was the yellow pile. That gave me all of Tweety, the brush on the Alien's helmet, and most of the words "Looney" and "Tunes." Things were starting to come together nicely at this point.

Then it was time to begin Daffy Duck and Sylvester the cat by tapping into the orange and white pieces a bit. It would prove to be a long time, however, before I would complete these two characters.


Next, was a little progress on the Coyote character, a character that would keep me busy for a bit longer than I expected it would - the guy had very long ears.


Then it was finally time to start working Bugs Bunny into the picture. Because Bugs is the central character in the piece he is a good bit larger than everyone other than Sylvester the Cat.  


This is the point at which I started to feel I  was coming to the homestretch of the puzzle, little realizing how long those red and black blended pieces were still going to take me to complete.

This one was more fun than most, probably because it brought back so many good memories. The quality of the puzzle is excellent: thick pieces, bright colors, a large but manageable size, and NO missing pieces. My only complaint is that the pieces did not always fit together quite as tightly as I prefer them to fit.

Overall Grade: Excellent

2 comments:

  1. That one looks really fun, I'd love to find that one around here! Well done Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at a Hobby Lobby Store, Stacey. With a 40% off coupon, I think I paid about $8 for it.

      Delete